To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

fear on "removing task & all files"

i have never removed a torrent or a downloaded file in BitComet

this is because i am afraid.

i am afraid because i do not know how to delete it.

however, recently i downloaded a file that i dont want anymore.

the file is not completed and i want to remove it, but i dont want to risk deleting the other files.

the only option i can see is right-clicking on the file, then there is one which says "remove task only" or "remove task & all files"

what i basically want to know is how can i remove that downloaded file/torrent and everything to do with it?

(ps: i just want to save some disk space. if i can remove the file but still be able to seed, then i'll gladly want that so i can help others. i just want to kno what happens if i choose 'remove task only' and what happens if i choose the other option)

(and yes i know it sounds like stupid topic, but i'm just a starter and i'm paranoid)

Hey real it's not a biggie lol I had the same issue a while back.

Remove task only just clears that task from your bitcomet client and keeps the downloaded files wherever you have them.

Remove task & all files removes the task from your bitcomet client and the downloaded files as well. When it says all it doesn't mean the other tasks as well just that particular one you have selected.

If you want to be safe and don't trust my word lol just do a remove task only and then you can manually go and delete the downloaded files.

*Note* when you do select remove task and all files it automatically deletes the downloaded files COMPLETELY, it doesn't not put them in the recycle bin so be careful.

Hope that helps ;)