To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

problem with torrent

nivek7913

okay i started downloading a torrent with like 20 smallville episodes about a week ago. where i got the torrent said there were 56 seeders and like 300+ leechers. when i started it no seeders popped up, but there were still a lot of leechers at like 66%. well i downloaded all i could, and only 3 got anywhere. i dropped the others, and kept the 3 which were at 99.9%. so it stays like that because no one has anything complete. so i do a hash check, and 1 of them goes to 100%, but the other 2 are still at 99.9%

skip ahead, and i try everything, thinking at 99.9% it should work fine. nope. not even VLC will work on these, which is really weird because i'm downloading the another torrent that's at 56% right now and VLC will run that. VLC just blanks out no picture, no audio, and the timebar says 0:00:00/0:00:00 so it kinda sucks.

any idea's on why the 99.9% isn't working but the 56% one is? they're both xvid, but one's xvid-lol and the other's xvid-xor if that makes any difference.

First, the download site's tally of seeders and leechers was at some point in the past, and very possibly, long past. This is almost never a good indication of the torrent's health without some active effort to keep it current, so don't trust these numbers.

It's a reasonably popular series, so seeing everyone drop away like this is very suspicious. This may be a fake torrent, or there may just be problems discovered with it. Check back at the originating site for any comments or forum threads about it. Quite often there are problems discovered, so the uploader creates a new torrent to fix them, but neglects to delete the old torrent.

Hi, maybe if you post the url of where you got the torrent, the forum can help you better.

However, it seems to me that your files have been corrupted ( By people that don t want the files to be shared ), to avoid corruption you should use Peerguardian 2 . It directly blocks the IPs that you don t want to download from, when you install it you don t have to make any changes in bitcomet just run Peerguardian .

It is to my understanding that to corrupt a file, you only need to send corrupt data (and to fool the client by using the help of other corrupted peers), perhaps it would be wise to delete and re-download a part of one of those files (like 30% or until you can play something with VLC) using peerguardian, if only to know the truth.