To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Problem to connect..

edo_torrent

:blink:

Ok, here is the problem:

I have used BitComet for a while, enjoying the downlaods, I also uploaded, etc., everything beautiful.

However, since few days, I simply have no connection. Downlaod and upload is everytime not existing, or at 0 KB/s, or eventually at 1 KB/s. For download, as well as for upload. The number of seeds and peers is ok. It also shows that I conected to some: ex. 1/14[5/117]. I also have reached for some tasks a download portion of 45% of the task before the problem started. So at least, there should be some upload activity. It is also not up to the task, because which ever task I start, the problem is the same. Today, I was connected for 6 hours, and nothing. 6 MB I downloaded only!!!!!! HELP PEOPLE!!! I AM GONNA CRY!!! I LICKED THE BLOOD OF DOWNLOADING AND NOW I CANNOT ANYMORE!!! AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am waiting for replies. And I am using BitComet 0.70.

Check your peers to see if you are showing any initiation as REMOTE

If you have none at all, then you've got a firewall blocking your listening port, and you'll need to unblock it for your speeds to recover.

I got it.

It seems to be a problem with "portforwarding". Could be true, since I changed my router few days ago.

Thanks anyway.

I also saw that I raised the question on the wrong place. Sorry about that. There are other forum-rooms for this kind of problems.

Yes, that's almost certainly the problem. Most home routers have a built-in firewall, and you'll need to forward your listen port through it. There's a forum specifically for problems with the BitComet client, but this isn't necessarily that, so good enough.

Yeap. I indentified rightly the problem.

It was the port forwarding issue. Now I am again enjoying BitComet. But of course, since I am sharing the connection with others, the speed is limited to 40-50 KB/s over the day, and some 80-90 KB/s in the evening. But still better than 0-1 KB/s! :lol:

Ok people. Let us go sharing!!!!