To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

2 questions

Gumby

1) Is there any way to preview movies and whatnot faster? It seems like it buffers the whole thing at different times instead of going from start to finish.. why does it do that? Is there a plugin that gives a better preview program or something?

2) Aren't you supposed to download faster than you upload? I'm getting around 60 kb/s right now while uploading at 175 kb/s. I limited the upload speed to 179 (that's 0.8 of the kbps thing I found on a speed test). Any help?

Thanks a lot.

Edit: this movie is 50% done and I can't get passed 2:30 without it stopping to buffer...

1°)You can preview,using the incompleted file ".bc!" in the download folder. I recommend VLC player

But you can only preview what you have downloaded, and the files download in tiny parts randomly, so if you have 50%, chances are you can't see more than the 5 sec. of the beginning.

2°)The seeders are the number of people who already have downloaded all the torrent files and are uploading them .

The leechers are the number of people who are downloading and also uploading at the same time.

The peers are the seeders and the leechers.

Among all those, not everyone has the same internet speed,not everyone is connected to everyone, and not everyone shares or downloads only one file.

So yes it is quite possible, but the more you upload, the faster you download.

1°)You can preview,using the incompleted file ".bc!" in the download folder. I recommend VLC player

But you can only preview what you have downloaded, and the files download in tiny parts randomly, so if you have 50%, chances are you can't see more than the 5 sec. of the beginning.

2°)The seeders are the number of people who already have downloaded all the torrent files and are uploading them .

The leechers are the number of people who are downloading and also uploading at the same time.

The peers are the seeders and the leechers.

Among all those, not everyone has the same internet speed,not everyone is connected to everyone, and not everyone shares or downloads only one file.

So yes it is quite possible, but the more you upload, the faster you download.

I have 44 seeders connected to me. Shouldnt all of that combined make it go a lot faster? When I first started using BitComet like 3 months ago I rarely had any downloads under 150 Kb/s >< I don't know maybe my connection is crapping out. Thanks for the help.