To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

I help more than my share

LoRes

I believe you've made some invalid conclusions about others' download speeds, which is not something you can really know.

As for your own speed, I notice you have only locally-initiated connections, and no remote ones. That usually means you've got a firewall blocking your listen port, which will cause this and will greatly slow you down.

The lack of remote connections is a pretty conclusive indicator, but you can check the port specifically, at www.canyouseeme.org. To unblock it, you need to determine what firewalls you are using (if you don't know, then you likely have at least SP2's built-in firewall running, and maybe others) and create exceptions for programs like BitComet that you want to allow access. Your rule needs to allow both TCP and UDP.

The lack of remote connections is a pretty conclusive indicator, but you can check the port specifically, at www.canyouseeme.org. To unblock it, you need to determine what firewalls you are using (if you don't know, then you likely have at least SP2's built-in firewall running, and maybe others) and create exceptions for programs like BitComet that you want to allow access. Your rule needs to allow both TCP and UDP.

I have SP2 firewall running but whenever I try to configure the settings to allow a rule for exception a message appears that says "Due to an unidentified problem, Window's firewall cannot display windows firewall settings."