To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Torrent linking ?

Code-X

This maybe answered already and I am new to this and would like a little assistance !

I am doing my own website to offer torrents to people just like alot of other people have been doing but I would like to know how to link them properly for example I created a torrent and all is set and complete but dont know what I need to do exactly like just upload the torrent file to my site and link them there and people will automatically get it via their bitcomet.

Do I have to run bitcomet 24/7 for people to download my torrents so forth because I am really confused at that part, Once i get my first torrent up and running properly then I can fully work on my site and start opening it to the public for their use !

Thanks. :D

No, no, and no, nothing like that, and it won't work at all.

If you want to do this, first you need a tracker. If you want to run your own tracker, you will need a web server, a database server, the tracker itself (such as BitComet Tracker), a fat and expensive pipe with a lot of upstream bandwidth, and a complete technical education or a competent and expensive administrator to run it for you.

A number of people have been trying to get trackerless torrents working. They haven't, yet, and they all know more than you do.

So let me suggest you unwind all your conclusions, and get back to what it is that you want to do. If you want to share torrents, do it on a public tracker (or a private one that wants/allows that kind of material). If you just want to share a few files with friends, bittorrent is not the way to do it.