To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

download speed sucks, why??

dfarmer05

i have been with bitcommit for a while now and nearly everything i download takes forever, i still havent been able to burn a film yet cos it sais one thing when d/ling but when its done its an unknown format or file or its p***!!!

my kb/s at the moment is average 90 how do i make it faster?

please help

i have been with bitcommit for a while now and nearly everything i download takes forever, i still havent been able to burn a film yet cos it sais one thing when d/ling but when its done its an unknown format or file or its p***!!!

my kb/s at the moment is average 90 how do i make it faster?

please help

hi there, well when i first started using torrent the same thing used to happen to me..anyway, its over now, i get speeds of 900kb/sec. So what you have to do in order to download at high speeds is:

- Find a good source for your torrent, there are tons of sites out there.

- Pick the one with most seeders

- Check the health of the torrent.

- And dont download torrents with UNknown name/ or no descriptions.

One more thing to make the speed perfect.

- Learn more about port forwarding. Google it..

To avoid fake files,

if the site has it, read the comments left by previous downloaders

avoid movies that are packaged in rar format (though most 0day releases are packaged in rars, again read the comments to be sure)

Use VLC player to preview videos while they download

Wait a second, let not get to far ahead of our selves so we can avoid problems before they start. :) Jhnboyman, do you have a firewall router, NAT is not a firewall? If you do look up the instructions on how to forward it here: www.portforward.com.

Now what firewall are you using? With just about all of them you only need to allow BC their versions of full acess. Do Not use Zonealram or Norton, they are garbage.

i have done everything they said but my download speeds still like 20kb/s

i'm enabling DHT, NAT/firewall. should i enable UPnP as well? and check or uncheck remove port on NAT?

i'm behing a firewall/router.

pls help. thanks

oh, and what is the size i should put in disk cache?

and what should i put in the maximum upload/download rate per task?

thanks

hey, i have read that yesterday actually. and i think i did everything needs to be done, still doanload from only 2 to 8 kb/s, same for upload. last night it was faster (25 to 70 kb/s) so maybe it's just my internet connection. does it make sense?

and since i disable firewall (XP P2) should i get another firewall soft installed or just leave it?

thanks so much!

You also have to remember that you can only go as fast as the peers upload to you. ;)

That Windows XP SP-2 firewall works great, it doesn't have any remote exploits. You just need to add exceptions for the programs you want to access the net and remember to allow exceptions. :)