To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

My virtural server fucked or bitcomet?

omg, this s*** is pissing me off.....

my virtural f****** server keeps on deleteing the bitcomet's f****** forwarded ports!!! f****** s***, unbelieveable... (my router is DI-624)

this port deleteing crap doesn't happen to my sister's WMX program, nor does it happen to utorrent.. so wtf?

what the f*** is wrong, this s*** pisses me off so bad

i have windoes xp, using 0.68 for bitcomet... this is unbelievable, no wonder i'm downloading with s*** speed...

god damn it

okay, i know what i'm talking about, and dmz is disabled since the internet is shared with my sister.

and for auto-portforwarding setting, i just ned the upnp thingy enabled on the virtural server right? yes or so i believe....

my problem isn't with bitcomet not auto porting for me, the problem is the entry of opened-ports keeps on getting automaticly deleted

everytime when i check the entry disappeared i'll have to restart my bitcomet so it can auto-port again..... although i dont have to, as i know how to manually open up the port so the router can't delete it... but this is a big problem, something is f***** for sure... and it needs to be fixed(perhaps my router.... then it doesn't have to be "fixed" here). the porting should not disappear for no reason, at least not until i turn off bitcomet....

lastly, dark_shrud, the site taht u gave me is the most basic place for those have problem with porting, of course i have visited that site, but u know what, on that site, there aren't any info for my router... so it seems like u are the one who doesn't know what u are talking about, base on ur other reply in the forum, all u know is "dmz dmz" shut the h*** up man, what a newb, and i was talking intelligently. and also, before u reply saying that "make sure the dmz is not on" u should read my post more carefully, u'll see that i said "this port deleteing crap doesn't happen to my sister's WMX program" which means my sister is also using the router, why the h*** would dmz be enabled?

:huh: There is nothing stopping you from setting your PC in a DMZ and still having your sister share the router.

Also your router is on the PrtFrwd site so dont yell at the Shroud --> Here you go

Now to answer your original question.

First make sure your router has the latest firmware.

Make sure that gaming mode is enabled in the router.

Use the Static DHCP in your router to assign your PCs static ip addresses, your computers should be set to auto obtain ip and dns

If you can set up the port manually that is the best thing to do and then just disable UPnP in Bitcomet, on your computer, and on your router. But you said your sister needs the UPnP so i guess this isnt OK for you.

So maybe try this,

Go to Bitcomets Preferences -> Advanced / Connection

[uncheck] Remove Port on NAT/Firewall

Just a guess give it a try cant hurt. :mellow:

Ah yes, another 13 year old on the net who wants someone else to do the work for him since he bought a cheaper brandname router with big flaws.

whatever71, be glad that bitdave still has the patience to put up with users like you. Because after 3 years of using & explaining bittorrent in general. I'm tired of it. Next time get yourself a Linksys or a router that has proper DMZ, and while you're at it make sure it can handle DHT aswell.

first, i'm very sure my router is never on dmz... i check it all the time..

second... my router's info wasn't on that site 2 weeks ago

gaming mode is enabled on my router... ( i just checked)

and Static DHCP is enabled on router... lol is there any other way for my computer to get an static ip?

i didn't say my sister need upnp... i saying that, her wmx program's auto-porting doesn't get deleted on the virtural server, why is it that the bitcomet's porting gets deleted? and manually opened port is what i'm using right now.........(me and my sister are on different computers) i'm not having trouble to dl anymore, since the router doesn't delete the port opened by admin...

so why? why does the router keep on deleting the entry of bitcomet?

okay perhaps i should describe what happens under the firewall entry in my virtual server....

first, i turn on my bitcomet, then right after 30 or 40 seconds after, i see the ports are automaticly opened by bitcomet under the firewall entry.... okay... everything is good... but then after 5 minutes i see my dl speed doesn't suprress 50kB/s so i was wondering why(although the upload speed never drop =.=) so i would then recheck the virtrual server, and found that the bitcomet entry have disappeard............................................................................. well, at first i thought it's just some problem with my windows, so after i rebooted my computer and did the same things serveral times.. i figured the entry keeps on getting deleted......... (of couse it isn't deletable by admin...) so........ i assume something is messed up.

I guess this problem first came out when the first encryprtion mode came out with bitcomet, bitcomet wasn't working for me at all.... as i said, the dl hangs around like the upload speed ( 20-50 )... and now i found out why that is so.... and i'm asking why on the forum, perhaps getting help

lastly i'm quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the setting in my virtual server, nor is my router f***** up......but i never know................... do i? not accusing bitcomet directly.. but hte sole reason i'm posting here is because i suspect so....

first, i'm very sure my router is never on dmz... i check it all the time..

Why do you check it all the time. If you never put one of your PCs in a DMZ then dont worry about it.
second... my router's info wasn't on that site 2 weeks ago
Yes it was, that router has been out for ages and is very popular; it has been on that site for a while.
gaming mode is enabled on my router... ( i just checked)
Good this helps UDP packets get through, which will help the DHT Network.
and Static DHCP is enabled on router...
What do you mean enabled. Did you use the clone ip button to help add all your PCs so they get assigned the same ip every time.
lol is there any other way for my computer to get an static ip?
Yes, you can do it in the TCP/IP Properties on your computers, but its best for this router to do it in the router.
so why? why does the router keep on deleting the entry of bitcomet?
Have you tried my last suggestion? Turning off the "Remove port on NAT/Firewall" option in Bitcomet.

Finally let me add that Im not trying to argue with you, even though it may sound like it.

A couple more things for you to consider.

Make sure that you have the latest firmware from dlink for your router.

Maybe check here to read up on all the problems associated with that router

Good Luck

umm yeah, i just got the latest firmware.... gonna try it out now.... btw, i'm sure the remove port on nat/firewall option is off on bitcomet.... i never do turn it on in the first place......

gonna do some testing with this for a few days... i'll report back =.=

thanks all your hlep!

lol, i'm so sorry, for what i said before.... it seems like my router was just kept on rebooting itself because of the out-dated firmware...... lol now it works like a charms without manual porting..

thanks, bitdave...

and sorry + thanks to shorud... i was wrong for not viewing through all the helping guide......

lol don't worry to much, I should have mentioned firmware as well. Just remember this for the future.

Just be gald for few things: a) I was too tired at the time to write a big flame responce. B) You're here instead of the old forums where several people live to flame. c) This is still a new forum and most p2p vets goto the old site. So only nice mods & newbies here.