To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet Size ?

wildnwet

BitComet shows up in my add or remove programs as being 3510.00MB. Is this correct as it seems rather large compared to most programs in there. It seems to work o.k. Please could you let me know if this is right or if this is some kind of bug. I've had various versions of bit comet and now have .70

ThankYou Steve :blink:

right click on BitComet folder in C:\Program Files\ choose properties and you will see: 3510.00MB. then open bitcomet folder and rightclick on downloads folder and you will see:3500.00MB (all your downloads included here because you didnt changed the default download folder in preferences). Select all files and folders in bitcomet folder except Downloads folder-> right click and you will see: ~10MB the size of BitComet.

right click on BitComet folder in C:\Program Files\ choose properties and you will see: 3510.00MB. then open bitcomet folder and rightclick on downloads folder and you will see:3500.00MB (all your downloads included here because you didnt changed the default download folder in preferences). Select all files and folders in bitcomet folder except Downloads folder-> right click and you will see: ~10MB the size of BitComet.

Sorry I just checked and I was right the BitComet folder in "programme files" is 9.29MB but it still shows as 3510.00MB in "add or remove". I am going to try that clean install thing you mentioned.

Thankyou Steve

then check your download folder whats the size of it. the download folder in the preferences where all you unfinished *.bc and finished BC tasks and folders are

:D Thanks for your help. I now have BitComet 0.71 installed, it's 7.99 MB and works great. I'm still not sure why the other one was so big but it was probably unfinished stuff. Thanks again