To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

HTTP User Agent in 0.71

Oryde

I noticed, that now bitcomet identify itself as a browser, which is bad since private trackers have protection against faking upload with browser and this version won't work with them. I want to ask: was that necessary to change client identification? If not - I suggest to change it back.

the reputation in private trakers for bitcomet is bad, and bitcomet isn't a browser it's a bitorent client...the new features of bittcomet, seam to overpass the banning system of some private trakers... and if it doesn't have that, the bitcomet developers showld build that kind of system I had some problems in the past whith btzone and still have...

Identify as browser is the worst idea i have ever seen. On my tracker I have banned all BC clients except BC 0.70. Till 2.09.2006 everything was ok. Then I recived a lot of PM's with information that they are banned, beacause that was a response of tracker. Of course I have all browsers banned because of one simple reason: With help of useragents in browsers everyone can change his ratio. That means cheating and it should be disabled. So I don't understand that:

the reputation in private trakers for bitcomet is bad, and bitcomet isn't a browser it's a bitorent client...the new features of bittcomet, seam to overpass the banning system of some private trakers...

...because ever Sysop will not shut down browser's blocking rule, because BC 0.71 is identifyied as a browser. Diffrent, BC 0.71 will not connect to tracker due to Browser's blocking rule. Nobody will open the doors to cheating.

Autors of this idea to identify BC as a browser wanted to populate this program but the effect is diffrent, they closed the ways to trackers LOL

CONgrats :D

Identify as browser is the worst idea i have ever seen. On my tracker I have banned all BC clients except BC 0.70. Till 2.09.2006 everything was ok. Then I recived a lot of PM's with information that they are banned, beacause that was a response of tracker. Of course I have all browsers banned because of one simple reason: With help of useragents in browsers everyone can change his ratio. That means cheating and it should be disabled. So I don't understand that:

...because ever Sysop will not shut down browser's blocking rule, because BC 0.71 is identifyied as a browser. Diffrent, BC 0.71 will not connect to tracker due to Browser's blocking rule. Nobody will open the doors to cheating.

Autors of this idea to identify BC as a browser wanted to populate this program but the effect is diffrent, they closed the ways to trackers LOL

CONgrats :D

i repeat the "bitcomet project" was made for torrents, especially the browser is an inbuilt feature, the 0,71 is a unstable realease so i had to swich back to 0,70 cas the 71 has many problems...I thouth they wanted to build an "hack system" so that private trakers recognise it as a other bittcomet programm so it can buipass the BC bann for private trakers...

I am an Admin of one site, and i see everything in mysql database. BC 0.71 has the same id as the BC0.70, but HTTP agent is diffrent. Like all we now, http agents are baned, so what the h*** the autors thought changing original BC agent to Mozilla agent? That they baypass something? :D Now admins who blocked BC on his trackers, dont need to add another rule to block BC0.71, because BC0.71 blocked himself identyfing as Mozilla 4.0.

Do the authors know anything about torrent trackers? :)