To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet making entire network of computers laggy?

fazeshot

Ok, my brother is downloading a 4gig file via bitcomet and everytime he downloads a torrent with bitcomet... he could be downloading at 4kbps and it will lag my connection out so its impossible to play World of warcraft it gives me a 1000+ ms latency on world of warcraft.. i have the max upload capped at 38kbps and download is uncapped... but hes only downloading at 30-40kbps atm right now.. im running on a 6mbps download connection and have the proper ports forwarded for downloading... how can i prevent it from causing me so much lag? we are both on 2 different connections but sharing the internet via dlink di604 router

It's the upstream side of your connection that you need to be concerned with, not the downstream side. Look at the BitComet settings guide and cap his global maximum upload speed according to its directions. This will allow normal web surfing and other net activities. I don't know that it will be enough for something like online games. You'll have to try capping the bitcomet upload at 50% of line capacity to see if that's good enough. If not, then you'll pretty much have to not do both things at the same time.