To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Cannot download!

arrow

I've already gotten through XP firewall and my Trend Micro Pc-cillin internet security firewall. How come whenever I used bittorent I get 'connecting" for hours on end without any downloads even on perfectly good seeded torrents and from sites I have download from before? I dont think its my university network because I have aksed around and they said that bt is allowed. What else could be the problem? Ive done everything I know including using UDP.

First off you should only be using one software firewall on your computer. So go ahead and disable XP's.

Does BC have server (incoming & outgoing) access to the internet? Now, did you set Trend Micro to allow UDP connections? Does Trend Micro recognise your version of BC as the same BC in the allow rule?

First off you should only be using one software firewall on your computer. So go ahead and disable XP's.

Does BC have server (incoming & outgoing) access to the internet? Now, did you set Trend Micro to allow UDP connections? Does Trend Micro recognise your version of BC as the same BC in the allow rule?

Yes, I have confirmed everything you mentioned.

Um.. what do you mean by "Does BC have server access to the internet? "How do I check that?

thanks!!! :)

Also, in the log portion of BC I found these "errors(?)"

:

Windows XP ICS Status: cannot find working ICS.

Windows XP UPnP Status: device not found!

::

what do they mean and what should I do>>??

What firewall are you using?

Don't worry about the ICS, if you're not using the Windows Firewall you can turn that off. You should also turn the UPnP off as well.

I am just using Trend Micro Pc-cillin internet security now. Thanks for your suggestion, but where do I turn the UPnP off and how? Also, where/how do I turn off the ICS?

I just went through hours of finding solution but they dont seem to help. I'm very confused right now

Hmm.. do you have any ideas what is going on?

I am just using Trend Micro Pc-cillin internet security now. Thanks for your suggestion, but where do I turn the UPnP off and how? Also, where/how do I turn off the ICS?

I just went through hours of finding solution but they dont seem to help. I'm very confused right now

Hmm.. do you have any ideas what is going on?

I'm 100% stumped right now. The only thing I could think of causing the problem is my school server, which isnt supposed to block out bittorrents. how do I check whether my university network is interfering with BC??