To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Panda 2007 - lan/internet problem

dimchopicha2003

A great anti-virus btw - detecting and most important disinfecting (not just deleting the whole file) 99% of the detected viruses. Once I disinfect a trojan hiding in explorer.exe. I am wondering which other anti-virus program can do the same thing. Kaspersky is deleting 99% of the files with viruses it detect. For 100 detections when I was using it the desinfect option was active 2 times and it couldn't disinfect it lol. NOD32 is the same. Norton is lagging your whole pc using 200-300MB ram, and if you try to uninstall it you need to uninstall windows :D. Like with Panda for now! haha.

Panda Platinum 2005: when you decide to uninstall it, it completely corrupt your lsp, and you must use an lsp fix program, so you can use internet again. Not so bad fixing after using lsp fix and a reboot.

Panda Platinum 2006: They removed this bug of corrupting lsp, but they've added another (really good) one: Panda make my lan totally unusable. Without Panda everithing is working fine. Installing it I can't connect to my other pc at all. I have noticed this sequence: my pc1(internet pc(cable modem connected to it)), my pc2 (lan pc(connected to my pc1 using lan cable cat5 + NIC's)), Installing Panda on pc1 - I have internet/lan connection; rebooting pc2 I haven't internet/lan; rebooting pc1 - I have; rebooting pc2 i havent...., and so on. I have made an always allow connections rule, all protocols, all ports for the other pc using both by IP and by MAC address on both of my pc's. same. I have unistalled panda everything is back to normal everything is working fine internet/lan. Installing Panda without any firewall at all - same problems.

Panda Platinum 2007: ohh you will love this. Both 2005 and 2006 bugs combined in one. I thought well its a new version lets see what they've made this time hoping they've finally fixed it. Surprise! They didn't even made it worse. I've installed it. Total loss of internet/lan. I have uninstalled it. Total loss of internet/lan. Deleted every file and registry key pointing to Panda - same. The really really strange thing is that when I unplug my lan cable I have internet; when I plug it in I haven't internet/lan connection.

Windows XP Pro SP2 Latest Patches Virus/Spyware Free.

pc1 nic1(connected to the cable modem) tcp/ip configuration:

ip: 192.168.1.2

subnet: 255.255.255.0

gateway: 192.168.1.1

dns serv1: 192.168.1.1

pc1 nic2(connected to pc2) tcp/ip configuration:

ip: 10.10.10.1

subnet: 255.0.0.0

gateway: 10.10.10.1

dns serv1: 10.10.10.1

pc2 nic(connected to pc1) tcp/ip configuration:

ip: 10.10.10.2

subnet: 255.0.0.0

gateway: 10.10.10.1

dns serv1: 10.10.10.1

I remember kluelos was working for a networking company or somthing like that - any ideas/help?

I just cant understand why? What were the changes that Panda made to my windows that don't allow me to use lan and when I plug my cable, not only the lan but I am losing my connection to Internet too.

I've recreated my TCP/IP, fixed the lps - with no success.

I haven't time to reinstall windows, but I am also curious what is the problem with this buggy Panda and my lan.

Edited by dimchopicha2003 (see edit history)

my home network:

adsl(telephone line)<->dslmodem/router<->nic1/pc1<->PC1<->nic2/pc1<->cat5 lan cable<->nic/pc2<->PC2

when i plug in the lan cable connecting pc1 and pc2:

adsl(telephone line)<->dslmodem/router<->nic1/pc1<->PC1<->nic2/pc1<->cat5 lan cable<->nic/pc2<->PC2.

i have connection between them, but immediately then i lose my internet connection here:

adsl(telephone line)<->dslmodem/router<->nic1/pc1<->PC1<->nic2/pc1<->cat5 lan cable<->nic/pc2<->PC2

i have ping to my router.

when i unplug the lan cable:

then I have internet connection:

Edited by dimchopicha2003 (see edit history)