To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

why does it say not logged in, and how do I log in, do I need to?

At the bottom of my BitComet window next to a little green circle that says 'DHT connected node (#)', there is a little grey BitComet logo that says 'Not loginned in' (it is a typo just like that). Ive used BitComet before and have had no problems at all, with fast connections to my downloads and everything, except now, I am seeming to have these problems. The thing is, I never noticed if it said logged in before or not, so.. It is taking forever to connect and start downloading, and I am curious if it is because of this little not logged in thing. Can somebody explain to me how to make it logged in? or why it says this? :blink:

I currently think, but don't know, that it's an error, a slipover from BitComet Lite, which is nothing at all like what it sounds, and isn't supposed to be a part of the normal BitComet client as such.

I could be wrong about that, which wouldn't be the first time, or maybe it's a part of future development/consolidation of the two.

At any rate, a lot of people are reporting a lot of grief and problems with 0.71, and for sure a lot of it's undocumented (like this whole catalog business and the chinese summary bit), so you might want to revert back to 0.70 until it gets ironed out.