To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

2 Questions

Scann69

I just upgraded my system from Windows XP to WinVista-RC1 and installed BitComet 0.70. I'm facing 2 problems as below:

1. If i have set up my Port Forwarding, when i'm downloading torrents, i should see more then just "Local" in "Peers" right? Even after setting up my Port Forwarding, i don't seem to get anything more then "Local" in Vista. Anybody managed to set this up correctly in Vista?

2. At the bottom right of the Client program, i'm getting a "DHT not connected". Any reason for it and how should i set it to get it connected?

Again, i'm using Windows Vista (RC1). Do hope to get some feedback on this. Thanx in advance guys.

Vista has a few issues with BC and file shareing. If you're using the Vista Firewall and it is a solid firewall then you'll need to check the option to add the ports to the firewall ICS & ICF. You'll also need to turn on remove ports from the firewall. Turn off UPnP in BC if its turned on.

Try that stuff for starters. Let me know if you're using a different firewall.

Vista has a few issues with BC and file shareing. If you're using the Vista Firewall and it is a solid firewall then you'll need to check the option to add the ports to the firewall ICS & ICF. You'll also need to turn on remove ports from the firewall. Turn off UPnP in BC if its turned on.

Try that stuff for starters. Let me know if you're using a different firewall.

Thanx for the reply Dark_Shroud. Just a little update. I've formatted and installed Vista RC-1 Build 5728 and after setting up the Port Forwarding, i'm getting both Local & Remote in the Peers section. Having said that, i guess one problem is solved :)

Although that is solve, there is still one problem unsolved which is the "DHT not connected" at the bottom right of the screen. Any ideas or suggestions for that?

P/s: Even having both Local & Remote, my download speed is only 10kB/s. So sad :(