To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

downloaded movies won't open

considdayasself

This is a problem that just started

in my Bitcomet downloads file, I find the file folder containing the film.

As soon as I open the folder, the hour-glass icon comes up and then

I get the message.

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close

window comes up. Please tell microsoft about this problem .

-send error report - do not send

If I right click the file, I can open the movie with vlc media player, but only if I do not click the window at all and ignore it, but I cannot open the file with my cucusoft dvd format conversion software.

Is the file at 100% complete? Try running a hash check on it, you also might want to run antivirus. Do you have permissions to view the download location?

the recent movie files in the bitcomet download folder are usable, but only if I do not

click on the window that opens when I open the movie's specific file folder .

For example , say I download a movie called Terrorstorm.

When I open

the file folder labeled Terrorstorm, the hourglass comes on , and then the file folder

opens. The hour glass remains active while the contents are revealed.

I see about three files. One is an info file, one is

an ad for the site that decoded it and posted the torrent, and the other is the

movie file. The hourglass is still going, and before I can select which file in the folder that

I want to open, it opens a window containing the error message 'explorer has encountered

a problem and needs to close. please tell microsoft about this problem -send error report

-do not send

If I ignore the error window without clicking it, and move it aside, I can right click the movie

files and open them with a selected media player. The problem is , I want to convert these

files to DVD format and burn them, and to do that , I need to open them with a DVD conversion

program. When I try to open them with my conversion program, the error window appears

again , and forces a shut down of the conversion program. I can find no way around this.

Even cutting and pasting the movie files to another folder does not seem to work.

I ran AVG antivirus and it deleted some viruses, but did not solve the problem.

This must be happening to other people using Bitcomet.