To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BC, nat-traversal

flexy123

To the BC coder,

is NAT-traversal actually working ? (Speaking of BC 0.70)

I am getting the same speeds with BC0.70 as i do with "some other" client...which makes me wonder whether NAT-T is actually working.

Also...for NAT-T to work....does the other client ALSO need to be BC..... ?

And..why did you temporarily disable nat-traversal in BC.071/0.72 ?

Just wondering.

Rnysmile doesn't generally hang out on the help forums.

If your listen port is working properly, you shouldn't see any NAT connections, because they're less efficient and there's no need for them. (If others can contact you directly, why go round the barn via NAT traversal, to connect?)

As for speed, if BitComet had some mysterious way of being faster than anything else, then nobody would use anything else. Properly configured bittorrent clients are all going to be equal in speed.

Rnysmile doesn't generally hang out on the help forums.

If your listen port is working properly, you shouldn't see any NAT connections, because they're less efficient and there's no need for them. (If others can contact you directly, why go round the barn via NAT traversal, to connect?)

As for speed, if BitComet had some mysterious way of being faster than anything else, then nobody would use anything else. Properly configured bittorrent clients are all going to be equal in speed.

nope,

i am behind a NAT proxy/router where i dont have any control over it. (It's the ISP router, not mine). Therefore i depend on NAT and it gives SUPPOSEDLY better speeds than with a client w/o NAT...eg. XXXX-torrent :) My NAT-tr. is on, but i really dont see better speeds.