To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

dramatic drop in speeds

scarecrow_76

i thought i had bitcomet set up perfectly until yesterday. after ending a seeding task i started downloading a good torrent. usually have been getting d/l speeds of about 110kB/s, now i am down to about 16. i haven't changed any settings that i am aware of but i did find this (see attatchment). any ideas?

A slowdown like this means the first thing you should check is whether you are showing any peer connections initiated as REMOTE. If they are all local or NAT, then your listen port is blocked by one or more firewalls.

If you have been using UPnP to open the port on your router, it has stopped working and says that Windows can't find it or doesn't recognize it as a UPnP device. If you are not using UPnP, then the probably explanation is that you did not set a static IP address for your computer as instructed, your IP address is dynamic, has changed, and your listen port is no longer open for your current IP.

As for ICS, google that.

A slowdown like this means the first thing you should check is whether you are showing any peer connections initiated as REMOTE. If they are all local or NAT, then your listen port is blocked by one or more firewalls.

If you have been using UPnP to open the port on your router, it has stopped working and says that Windows can't find it or doesn't recognize it as a UPnP device. If you are not using UPnP, then the probably explanation is that you did not set a static IP address for your computer as instructed, your IP address is dynamic, has changed, and your listen port is no longer open for your current IP.

As for ICS, google that.

all i have ever got were local and nat peers, i have never gotten remote peers. i don't have a router only a modem so according to the settings guides that i have read i don't need a static ip right? i have kerio firewall and windows firewall has been disabled. i have both TCP and UDP on kerio. iwas just wondering how i can tell if other people are blocking me for some reason. i don't think they are because i always seed to 2.5 or more but it's the only thing i can think of.