To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Trakers baning Bitcomet

I love Bitcomet but some trackers are baning bitcomet with messege: "bitcomet sucks" :\

1º how does the traker know that its a bitcomet client?

2º is it possible to change that?, hiding the real name and puting someting else?

3º if yes give me instroctions on it please

I love Bitcomet but some trackers are baning bitcomet with messege: "bitcomet sucks" :\

1º how does the traker know that its a bitcomet client?

2º is it possible to change that?, hiding the real name and puting someting else?

3º if yes give me instroctions on it please

1. All clients have a client ID & peer ID.

2. Yes, if you're the programmer. BC's client id already says Mainline 3.4.2.

3. You can't do it, only Rny Smile can change it.

If a tracker has banned BC then use µTorrent.

1. All clients have a client ID & peer ID.

2. Yes, if you're the programmer. BC's client id already says Mainline 3.4.2.

3. You can't do it, only Rny Smile can change it.

If a tracker has banned BC then use µTorrent.

Well the .exe does not contain that string, it contained "BitTorrent/3.4.2" witch i already changed with no efect

capturing packets with ethereal i still cant see that string, but i notice that there are some difrences in the request frim bitcomet and abc

ps: you can change srtrings in .exes as long as you put the same nº of chars :P (and with the porper tools)

You can make that stupid emoticon all you want. I hope you know you're not the first to edit the announce (or whatever you want to call it I don't care). But the anal trackers will still know you're using BitComet by the differences in the way the client work. And all the previous hacks are detectable, I hope you remember to hit the client ID too. Because on private tracker people tend to ban and then report.

You can make that stupid emoticon all you want. I hope you know you're not the first to edit the announce (or whatever you want to call it I don't care). But the anal trackers will still know you're using BitComet by the differences in the way the client work. And all the previous hacks are detectable, I hope you remember to hit the client ID too. Because on private tracker people tend to ban and then report.

"You can make that stupid emoticon all you want" <-- dont understand

anyway i still need info about how the trackers detect my client

strings?

binary data?

becouse of the format of the request? (i think this one is most like it)

(this is from the http request point of view)

any one with info about this please help:) ( <-- this is : + ) i usaly use the keys not the gifs)

I was talking about you using this -> :P <- emoticon.

There are a number of facotrs there. It depends on how skilled and how anal the tracker admin is. The problem for you is that no one is going to give you the data. The people who know aren't going to tell. BitComet is not liked in the world of private trackers because of it's DHT leaks among other things.

If a trakcer has banned BC either respect their wishes and use a different client or don't use their tracker.