To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Instant Messenger Disconnect

Kevmac83

First of all, let me preface this with saying the program itself runs great, and I absolutely love it, so great job there guys.

My problem though is that when I have Bitcomet running and downloading, my instant messenger program will randomly disconnect. Usually, it attempts to reconnect and succeeds, but sometimes, it just gets stuck logged off. If I close down Bitcomet, these problems immediately cease. The issue occurs both when using AIM 5.9, and when using 1.2.80.2 of AIM Triton (the version I usually use).

I tried searching for why this might be, and could only find a passing comment that having a p2p program running could affect your download speeds. But my download speed is quite fine, so I'm wondering if this is some other, correctable issue?

Thanks for any help

This happens as both want to use connections. In BC lower your half open connection limit to 7 or 6 (I'm assumeing that you left it at the default of 8 which is fine.). This won't hurt your download speed. I can still get 200-300kb downloads on good .torrent with mine set at 5 since I run other net programs at the same time.

Hmm, don't go any lower than 5. This happens to me aswell at times. This is really a clash between the IM programs and Windows security. Because the IM programs haven't been updated, especially AIM, to work with the new types of security. I use AIM ad hack myself. I just set AOL to reconnect when it happens.