To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

connection problems

ant747

Hey,

I know this has probably been rasied before but anyway,

i have a 6.5 Mbps internet connection and a just fresh install of windows xp 64bit. I have used bitcomet before for about a year now and had the nvidia firewall istalled, hence the fresh install of windows. So now i am running a clean machine with a new copy of bitcomet .70. I have set up a virtual server and ports in the windows firewall, and i get plenty of connections, but the maximum speed i have clocked download is 4kbps. Although im connected to many peers, im not downloading off them for some reason. And these are new torrents with over a thousand leechers and seeders too.

I have been through and checked the setting and everything.

before(when i had nvidia firewall installed) i had connections going at 200kbps and have downloaded about 6gig worth of stuff, but now im getting nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas.

sorry bout the lenghth

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I have set up a virtual server and ports in the windows firewall, and i get plenty of connections, but the maximum speed i have clocked download is 4kbps.

Are you only using the Windows firewall with BC 0.70?

I have this problem too. Even my connection speed is affected and I need to reboot my system before getting a normal connection to run MSN, IE, etc.

Did you try the LvlLord patch or the built in mod in BC 0.71-0.74?

I think it is a problem due to nvidia firewall or windows 64. I hope Bitcomet team should have a hot fix about it.

Nvidia firewall has bugs in it that are known for killing Bittorrent traffic in general. This is not a problem with BitComet or µTorrent.

BitComet (stable versions) should run fine on Windows 64 and XP with the 64 patch.

i have the same problem except mine downloads them instantly (i think cuz it says it's 100%) but i can't watch them and i have the .74 version...

Are you trying to watch the .torrent file or the content you download from the bittorrent client. You probably need a codec if you downloaded the content.

should i get the .70 version?

Yes.