To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

DHT.. firewall

I am at college and I don't know if there is a firewall blocking my downloads or not.. i have this vpn client thing downloaded which is supposed to bypass the firewall, but nothing it happening with my downloads

also, it says in my bitcomet that DHT is not connected.. how do i get that to connect, and is that important for my downloads to work?

I am at college and I don't know if there is a firewall blocking my downloads or not.. i have this vpn client thing downloaded which is supposed to bypass the firewall, but nothing it happening with my downloads

also, it says in my bitcomet that DHT is not connected.. how do i get that to connect, and is that important for my downloads to work?

I'm new to bitcomet. I'm having about the same problem as he is about not being able to connect. Altho I'm using a personal computer and not one that I share with others. My downloads are saying connecting, but never do, and at the bottom it says : DHT not connected. What do I do to get connected? Thanks.

DHT just finds peers without using the tracker. That's it. If you've got enough peers from the tracker, you don't need DHT.

It uses UDP instead of TCP. Check your firewall to see if you've allowed both kinds of traffic on your listen port.