To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

No connection at all

poroff

Hallo mates!

Since a week or so I'm in a new place and the internet connection here is through a proxy server. In result of this (as far as I know) I can't download a thing, I tried from different trackers but nothing. I'm using BitComet 0.70, and the changes I've made to the settings are:

1. I entered the proxy server's address and port number

2. I enabled the NAT traversal via UDP (idk why, i read it in another forum)

But it is not working. I wasn't sure about the proxy type and I tried with all of them but nothing happened. Could you please help me! 10x in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I am still trying to do smth, if you can help please reply :(

My problem is similar to this http://forums.bitcomet.com/index.php?showt...roxy+connection but I can't understand this reply from that thread:

"Not really, its pretty simple and straight forward to add a proxy to BC 0.70 and set it for tracker communication.

You just have to use a search engine and find a proxy you can use. There are a few sites with proxy lists."

I can't find such sites, could you help me?

Ok, because I've been bitten by this before: how do you know you're connected via a proxy? Do you know this from a reliable source, like a university handout saying "internet connections are via our proxy server"? Or are we talking about Joe down the hall who said....

Ok, because I've been bitten by this before: how do you know you're connected via a proxy? Do you know this from a reliable source, like a university handout saying "internet connections are via our proxy server"? Or are we talking about Joe down the hall who said....

IDK i just enter the proxy address and port number in every program that connects to the internet (IE, Skype, Flashget and so on), otherwise connection is not established.

It is probably gonna be difficult for you to get a proper connection and you will need to decide whether its worth it or not

Obviously your school policy doesnt allow BT

Talk to other students in your dorms and see if anyone has got something set up

This may help you get started