To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

slooooow transfer rates

Guest bugmenot

Guest bugmenot

Heya ppl,

I've been using bitcomet for some time now (version 0.70), and it is real slow. I get 5-10 d/l even for torrents with dozens of seeders and only several peers.

Some setup info:

winXP SP2,

Athlon 2400,

Symantec Norton Anti-Virus 2006,

Norton internet security,

connection: 1.5Mb down/ 128Kb up

I've tried to disable the firewall, raised the maximum concurrent half-open connections to 50, tried to use tcp optimizer, but nothing! General download seems to work fine and I can get to 180 KB/s in some download sites.

I am out of ideas. Does anyone have one?

cheers.

First, re-enable your firewall, and do a virus/spyware/adware check. Be thorough. Don't connect to the internet without a firewall.

General downloading and bittorrent are completely different creatures.

The usual reason for the slow speed is a blocked listen port. This is covered rather well in the FAQ and in the settings guide.

Guest bugmenot

First, re-enable your firewall, and do a virus/spyware/adware check. Be thorough. Don't connect to the internet without a firewall.

General downloading and bittorrent are completely different creatures.

The usual reason for the slow speed is a blocked listen port. This is covered rather well in the FAQ and in the settings guide.

thanx for the reply. I forgot to mention that I did a thorough check with 2 different anti-viruses and spywares, ran a HiJack this and found nothing. I also tested the port I am using on bitcomet and it is open (as I disabled the firewall - both the default windows one and the norton internet security one, just for the test and it didn't improve the trasnfer). I passed through all the suggestions on the FAQ and still I've hit a wall.

My guess is that it has something to do the eci modem router I am using, and the D-link router I crippled and used as a switch. I'll to disable them all and see whats up.

cheers