To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Bitcomet freezing randomly/restarting PC.

Hello, Bitcomet has started to freeze constantly mid-download, at first it would happen 3-4 after the computer was idle, and I wasn't using it. Now it has started freezing randomly, and has begun to restart shortly after freezing. It also freezes if I try to surf the web, play an online game, or use an instant messenging program. I have tried uninstalling bitcomet, reinstalling it, and I am using the latest version.

Is this because I have a D-link router? Should I try another bitorrent program that is more compatible with it?

No, it isn't. Nothing that could happen on the router would cause that.

These symptoms point elsewhere. BitComet isn't precisely the cause, but it stretches your system in ways a lot of other applications do not, and becomes a victim of another problem. Top suspect here is system memory. You can download a free memory test utility from memtest.org, following the instructions CAREFULLY, to see if you have a defective SIMM. This is the most likely problem. The second most-frequent issue is your power supply.

Another bittorrent client will run into the same issue.

I'm having that problem now and I have ran memtest. I determined that there is nothing wrong with system memory.

I don't think I have anything like nvidia firewall installed. I recently formatted and don't have many things on my computer. I also have windows firewall disabled.

My main problem now is that I don't know how to determine if there is anything wrong with the power supply and/or how to replace it...

I'm having that problem now and I have ran memtest. I determined that there is nothing wrong with system memory.

I don't think I have anything like nvidia firewall installed. I recently formatted and don't have many things on my computer. I also have windows firewall disabled.

My main problem now is that I don't know how to determine if there is anything wrong with the power supply and/or how to replace it...

Actually power supply may be one of the reasons, but if you do not have lots of HD driver, DVD-rom or a 7950, the power supply is surely to be enough

Go to check if you have installed the motherboard driver or not, it usually bundles with the nvidia firewall if u are using a MB with nvidia chipset .