To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

game downloads - what am i doing wrong?

currymonster

Please can anybody help, i'm useless with these sorts of things. Downloaded a Civ IV torrent, complete with what I thought was a No CD Crack, but I cant get it to work. I have two icons that would be used to start the game, when i click on one of them it says please insert the CD ROM. When I click the other it says "This application has failed to start because boost_pyhton-vc71-mt_32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." I have of course tried to re-install it but no joy. Then i found a program called anti blaxx, which can be used in conjunction with alcohol 120 or daemon tools. I have tried it this way and still get the same error messages. Can anyone please help out a novice?

Currymonster

You either have to apply the crack or replace the EXE file.To apply the crack simply copy it to the game install directory and execute the crack.If that doesn't work it sounds like you need to replace the original EXE with the NO CD crack.

I've no idea what Civ IV is but lets say the original EXE is called "CivIV.exe".Rename this to "CivIV.exe.OLD"

Then put the no cd crack into the same directory as the original EXE.You should then be able to play the game.