To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Quick question about auto stop and shut down

I'm new to BC and I'm still getting used to the new features and whatnot. I usually leave torrents running overnight but I'd rather not leave my computer on all night if it's not downloading anything. My question is, if I have auto stop enabled when the share ratio is at 100% and enable automatic shutdown when all tasks are stopped, does that mean my computer will shut down when the download is complete? If not, is there any way I can do this? Please note that I'm not trying to leech, I do upload and seed torrents whenever possible but my computer has issues with being left on for long periods of time.

In theory your computer is supposed to shut down when all tasks compleat. And yes setting a 1:1 ratio is fine. But you might want to get used to the idea of leaving your computer on for long periods of time (unless its a laptop).

I've left my computer running for over a month with no reboots and usually leave it running for week or 2 easily without a reboot. I'm running XP Pro Media Center Edition.