To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

a bug.. i think...

arik23

hi,

i download a series which contains many files.

in the start i downloading all the files.

but after a while i decided to download only the 3-4 closest charpters and stop for a while to download the other chapters - so what i've done is to remove the checked checkboxes of the other chapters.

the result was that all the chapters which i didn't marked was deleted.

it's a serious bug, it's not supposed to happen...

hi,

i download a series which contains many files.

in the start i downloading all the files.

but after a while i decided to download only the 3-4 closest charpters and stop for a while to download the other chapters - so what i've done is to remove the checked checkboxes of the other chapters.

the result was that all the chapters which i didn't marked was deleted.

it's a serious bug, it's not supposed to happen...

actually that is supposed to happen. what you should have done was click on each file and set the priority for each one (high, normal, low) that way each file will download accordingly.

first - there should be at least a warning that will say that i'm going to delete the files.

second - the natural action is to do what i've done and not changing the priority. it's also much easier.

third - changing the priority to low doesn't stop completely the download as i wanted.

The information hasn't been deleted, just run a hash check.

This is a quirk because selective downloading is not part of the BT protocol. Many of the mainstream clients have added this feature on their own. I only use it when downloading a tv series. To avoice this and other problems you should never set an item not to download at all.

sorry for my poor english...

so you agree with me that there is a problem - if it's in the protocol and if it's in the useablity.

when i unchecked a checkbox a message should come up and ask me if i would like to delete the file or stop downloading it.