To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Can't download anything

mamck688

Okay...Out of the four bittorrent sites that BitComet has built in, the only one I can attempt to download from it wtorrent. The other three, I can get to the actual .torrent page, but then when I click to download the torrent, the pge immediately says, "Pag cannot be displayed, etc. etc." And, when I try to download from wtorrent, I can actually download the file to my computer, but then when it begins to leech, it can't connect to any peers, and so it never downloads. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? When I first downloaded Bitcomet, it worked just fine. But now I can't download anything.

You're obviously using the built-in minibrowser in BitComet. Understand, there's absolutely no need to do so, and many of us do not. You can use any browser to visit any torrent site and download torrent files from them. You simply open the file with BitComet, or better, save the file into BitComet's default torrent directory. (It's a little better and more reliable to do this anyway). Then use BitComet to open that torrent file and start downloading.

In BC's VIEW menu, you can uncheck "Favorites" to make that whole pane with the predetermined sites, go away. They are far from the only sites out there, and they're not really even the best.

Torrent sites come and go. BitComet has no control over that, and when a site goes down, you get the "not found" message. You'd get that if you visited the site with your normal web browser too. If it's down, it's down, nothing to do with BitComet or any other client.

So just use your regular browser, you already know how to do bookmarks, so that will serve just as well as those favorites, and it's not such a hassle to figure out what to do when sites go down, or you find new ones.

Thanks. But I also happened across this site that checks your ports, and mine for some reason isn't connected or whatever (I don't know alot a/b it). I'm on a wireless network, but it's a university network, so I don't know anything a/b the router. I don't know what to set the port to, or how to configure BitComet to work with it.