To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Downloads stopping at 89%

I've had 3 or 4 downloads in a row now that have gotten great speeds (400+kb/s) and then at 89% they go all the way down to 1kb/s. I've stopped and started the torrent. Removed it and restarted it. Shut down bitcomet. Restarted my computer. Nothing fixes it. It refuses to download faster than 0 or 1 kb/s. This is getting really frustrating. What keeps happening?

I've had 3 or 4 downloads in a row now that have gotten great speeds (400+kb/s) and then at 89% they go all the way down to 1kb/s. I've stopped and started the torrent. Removed it and restarted it. Shut down bitcomet. Restarted my computer. Nothing fixes it. It refuses to download faster than 0 or 1 kb/s. This is getting really frustrating. What keeps happening?

What version of Bit Comet do you have running on your computer? And also check the Seeds/Peers[all] column as well to see if you have sufficient Seeders.

I have version 0.70. The Seeds/Peers[all] column says 0/77[0/229]. There were plenty of seeders. Well into the hundreds. The download was going incredibely fast (500+kb/s) and then at 89% it just STOPPED. It's now going at 0kb/s. This has happened to my last two downloads as well. Exact same thing.

I'm assuming this is pure bad luck with the files you're downloading, there are times when the download goes at full speed but sometimes get stuck at around 99.9% because there are no seeders and it could take me days before I can complete the download. But since its happening to three consecutive files, there might be some other problem, but I'd put my money on shere bad luck.

The Seeds/Peers[all] column says 0/77[0/229]. There were plenty of seeders. Well into the hundreds.

It is showing that there are no seeds

no seeds means it's not gonna finish

sometimes it may show there are no seeds when actually someone is superseeding

(a superseeder reports itself as a leecher so they wont show up as a seed)

stop the torrent for like a day and then check back and see if anyone has gone higher than 89%

• 4 weeks later...

It is showing that there are no seeds

no seeds means it's not gonna finish

sometimes it may show there are no seeds when actually someone is superseeding

(a superseeder reports itself as a leecher so they wont show up as a seed)

stop the torrent for like a day and then check back and see if anyone has gone higher than 89%

i'm having a similar problem; i started a download yesterday with upward of 23000 seeds (and even more peers) which stopped at 98.9%, a mere 9MB short of completion! it says there are no seeds, but it connects to the trackers perfectly fine, and isohunt has even checked the trackers again between then and now, and those 23000 seeds are still there!

nobody's superseeding, either, as far as i can tell. it hasn't gone above 98.9% after more than a day.

also, i downloaded the same thing via a different torrent, which has far fewer seeds but still up in the hundreds, and it's stopped at 89%, also after getting to that point very quickly and then apparently losing all its seeds and peers. WTF?

Just to make sure this is clear, a report of "0/279 [0/3500]" means:

You're connected to zero seeders

You're connected to 279 leechers

There are zero seeders in the swarm

There are 3500 leechers in the swarm

So that torrent has no seeders and probably won't ever finish unless a seeder joins the swarm.

I am having the same problem with the downloads, I am getting so frustrated with this I am fixing to Un-Install this software. I have no problem sharing what I download with others, to enable us all to retrieve a file; but when my upload KB/s reads 10 times higher than my download KB/s then I get pretty angry. I am locking up at 89.4% of the download, initial download speed was excellent, then bbang, nothing. When I stop the download, and restart it 15 or 20 minutes later, it will start and the speed will boost to about 150 KB/s and then it's like someone turned off a switch, the speed just dies. This is really pissing me off.

Check the status of the swarm.

It does not matter what it USED to be, or what the index site SAID it was -- your client is reporting what it is now, which is all that matters. If there are no seeders now, the torrent isn't likely to finish.

So look at the HEALTH column. It will tell you how many aggregate copies of the entire torrent exist among all of the current swarm members. If that is below 1.0, it means that there is no complete copy of the torrent, and the best you can get is as much as everyone else has. In time, you will all share all of the pieces you've got, so you'll all be up to the same percentage, but nobody's going to finish unless a seeder shows up with the missing pieces.

When you get a new torrent file, download it, and load it into your client to start downloading the contents, first check the trackers tab and see that you get a successful scrape. Then look at the peers column and make sure there is at least one seeder in the swarm. If there isn't, you're just wasting your time. A seeder might show up later, but you already know this torrent might never finish and if you continue downloading, you're taking a chance on that. Look at the health column, and you'll get a better idea of how far you can get with it.

When you rejoin a swarm after an absence, your client checks with all the members it can connect to, to see if anyone has any pieces that it wants. If nobody does, then all your client can do is send the pieces you do have to others who haven't caught up with the aggregate yet. They, too, will eventually get up to that 89% (or whatever it is) and stop, because there isn't any more to download from anyone.

I've got the same problem as well. It's happened with way too many popular torrents to be a coincidence that they all stop at 99.xx and the seeders suddenly vanish.

The issue persists even if I'm connected to a different network, so it looks like a client problem.

I'm going down try and download the files using a different client this evening. Keep you guys posted.