To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Pls Help

Hi all I have a bit of a problem, Ive been using Bitcomet now for around 8months, Just lately when I download a larger Torrent and head off to bed , come the morning Bitcomet has lost all its Peers conections.

This isnt just a One off either. Ive tried downloading and opening 50 half open doors, which seems to have given me a Heap of extra Peers connections, Ive even configured my Router and opened Port forwards, "if thats the correct term"

But the peers still fall off.

The way I have been getting around this is by first Stopping the Torrent, and then running System Mechanic and Spydoctor, .

As soon as I Maual Hash & restart the Torrent download it boots up with heaps of Peers again and the Torrent completes it's download.

I've even tried updating from Bitcomet .61 >.64 & now to .68, thinking it might be a glitch with the older versions, but to no Avail

Im using Nod 32, Win XP, SP2. I've tried reading and following all the stickies regarding Slow Downloads, but my torrents still drop the Peers after about the 50% mark.

What am I doing wrong?

Ok, first off there is a bug that will make the peers list disappear at times. Now does BC read "0/0[0/0]" next to the .torrent meaning no peers or does the list of peers just vanish for you.

Let's start there because I can tell you a few things from your info.

Ok, first off there is a bug that will make the peers list disappear at times. Now does BC read "0/0[0/0]" next to the .torrent meaning no peers or does the list of peers just vanish for you.

Let's start there because I can tell you a few things from your info.

It reads as you stated, "0/0[0/0]" :(

:huh: I think thats what it sez, I will have to attempt an other Download to be sure. What I can say is that when I check on my Peers They all seem to have disconnected. If I get a couple back they are only Locals

:unsure:

Is it something I'm doing wrong?

OK, Its definatly displaying "0/0[0/0]", I loose all Connected peers, if I wait for a few hours I will notice one maybe two Local Peers but never any remotes. It isn't determined by 50% of the download, I've had Peers drop off at as little as 17%. There is one more item which I've neglected to inform you about. My health will also drop off from about 4000%+ down to 0%

Dark Shroud, does this sound similar to the Bug you mentioned?.

:unsure:

Fire wall is NVIDIA, I dont thik this is the problem as I have Bitcomet added as an Exclusion.

In the past Ive grabbed KVCD's by TUS HOCKNEY and DAMOIDS, Forgive me if these are spelt wrongthey have always been Clean so I felt safe

Since the last post I've tried a different type of Torrent and uploader.

But now I'm realy confused. The last two Torrents I've downloaded were uploaded by AXXo, both Torrents came down within 10hours extreemly fast for 256/64, and Issue free!

Could this problem be the fact that Hockney and Damoid are having issues? Or could it be my end in regards to the ISP?

:huh:

I can honestly say Now that the Problem has nothing to do with our trackers/uploaders, Hockney and Damanoid, Tonight, I once again lost all Peers, this time at 81%, as soon as I Tweaked Windows, they all came back.

I will change my Firewall to the Windows XP2 Firewall and report back on my next torrent download.

Thanx for the help thus far, I'll keep ya posted

:)