To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Server Busy

I have recently installed BitComet V .67 and I have encountered a problem no amount of reinstalling and resarting can fix. Every once and a while a little pop up thing comes up saying "This action cannot be completed because th other program is busy. Choose "Switch To" to activate the busy program and correct the problem." There are 3 buttons: Switch To, Retry, and Cancel which is not avalible to click on. Clicking Switch To brings up the start menu and brings up the Server Busy thing again. Clicking retry just does nothing and Cancel and the exit button are inactive. No matter how many times I click Switch To or Retry it keeps coming up untill I just kill the process in task manager. Please help as this is really annoying and time comsuming.

I was not the one that used Mcaffe (spelled wrong). I never have used it and I hate it. How do I hate it? a friend uses it and it fucks with everything we do on his computer.

BTW: I am currently running Win XP Media Center

Update: I just downloaded .68 and installed it. Same problem :(

I bet your friend installed privacy service, because McAfee Antivirus & Personal Firewall are great and don't mess with anything.

Also, I hope you didn't install that lvelord patch for the TCP/IP connections. That will screw a lot of things up for Media Center Edition.

The only antivirus/firewall thigns I have that run in the background are AVG and Zome Alarm. I have given full rights for BitComet to acess the internet for both programs. One thing I have yet to try is disable them both and run it. I will also try to change the "max half open TCP connections" before the thing pops up and I have to kill it.

Well, whatever. Apperently Mcafee likes you more than my friend. Lucky You. I have no idea what Ivelord is and I only get windows patches/updates from Microsoft's website.

Update: AVG appeared to be the problem because as soon as I disabled it and tried BitComet again it worked like a charm. Zonealarm has no problem with it and I changed the "max half open TCP connections" thing just to be sure. Thanks a lot for the help :)

Update 2: Well, after about 2 hours of working, the bug/glitch/thing came back and now it appears twice as fast.

I would uninstall ZA but it is a gret program and the admin would be pissed.

This happening has a wierd pattern. BitComet will run smoothly some times, but when it gives me the thing, I can not run it for a couple hours and it will work for the next few hours.

I have also updated to 0.68 to see if that would help, but the problem persists as above

If its such a great program why do so many people have problems with it as soon as they try to do anything else besides browse the web. I actually used to use ZA and had it working fine with the p2p apps that I used, or so I thought. I found that after i removed it everything i did was faster, instead of my p2p downloads maxing out at 140 KB/s they were now maxing out at my ISPs maximum 170 KB/s. I never had the problem your talking about but I did have a problem with ZA not being able to keep up with my p2p traffic thus slowing everything down a little.

Tell the admin about Kerio, it does exactly the same things as ZA, is just as easy to use, and has no problems with p2p (except this which isnt really a problem), and it's free.

Tell your admin to export/save his ZA settings, then uninstall it completely, install Kerio and give it a try for a while (make sure to read the link above). If you dont like it just reinstall ZA and import the settings that were saved.

I have figured out that ZA is ot the problem, and for what small time I have to look at the speeds, with ZA running I get higher rates faster. I guess this means Either Media Center dosn't like it (even though I had this problem on my XP Home), or since I'm not admin, that screws with it. I wonder if BitComet is ok with Dual Core?