To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

My Torrent Progress Declining?

morgs

So I thought I was having a problem with Bit Comet, so I tried to transfer my torrents to uTorrent. everything worked fine, but I then realized that the problem was someone in my house fiddling with the router. Of course, much prefering Bit Comet I moved everything back. For some reason one of my torrents, which was at 99.5% has started declining in completion percentage, down to 74% and its getting lower all the time. Its like my download speed is taking off percentages instead of putting it on.

Normally I would just suck it up and delete the task and start again, as everything else in bitcomet is working as desired, but its a 9GB torrent so I was hoping someone could help me.

If by chance I missed this in the searches I did, please point me towards the correct thread. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Morgs

Your switching back and forth is probably the origin of the problem. Stop the torrent and do a manual hash check on it. I'm thinking that it will report 0% downloaded when the hash check finishes, which would indicate that the partial download is in the wrong place, or that the download location is pointing to the wrong place (which amounts to the same thing). It "thinks" that it had so much of the torrent, and proceeded to download more pieces, but when it gets a new piece, it discovers that adjacent pieces are unaccountably missing (when actually, none of it is there at all), so gradually lowers your percentage complete as it discovers more and more missing.

Thanks so much for your help!

I did a manual hash check, and it seemed to sort the problem out. I lost a few gb's of the download along the way somewhere, but at least it wasnt the whole thing.

I come onto this site a fair amount because I'm a bit of a tweak freak (aren't we all...) but there is no point posting unless you have something constructive to say or are asking for help, hence this being my first post. Anyways, I'm always pleasantly surprised by the respectful, helpful and timely replies of the staff and most other forum members. Keep up the awesome work and thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Morgs