To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

I dun brokened it!

I don't know how but I've broken bit commet!

I'm running vista build 5600 evaluation.

Bit commet was working fine until I got the red cross and my downloads left the window when I stop it and wouldn't come back but now no matter what version I install no torrents will open in bitcommet.

I've downloaded Azurus (crap) and Utorrent (crap) and they work fine (apart from being crap and REALLY slow) but poor old bitcommet just sits there looking lost.

It gives me the option to open the torrents with bit commet but won't open the window that shows you the files to download and gives you the option to untick the files you don't want. I click ok and bitcommet pops up as normal but the window stays empty.

but poor old bitcommet just sits there looking lost.

Well, "poor old BitComet" doesn't deserve that, does it? So, just go back to the "old poor XP" and wait till MS Vista and all non-ms party applications are synchronised.

Poor Old Petch01

Use the search feature of this forum and look for "Vista"

basically it is a problem with Bitcomet being installed in the Program Files tree which Vista has locked down

Im not entirely sure cause i dont use Vista but I recall that you need to install Bitcomet in a folder with more permissions

Your seeing the red x because bitcomet doesnt have permission to write to the directory

so yeah, search this forum for "Vista" to find a more complete answer