To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BIN files (video)

dave23_99

I would like to know how to open BIN files if it is possible to open with windows media player. Will I have to convert it to a different file or is there a specific codec I need to download.....I have already downloaded all the K-Lite codec pack if u needed to know....

A bin file is a type of binary storage file. You can either burn it to a disc or you can mount it to a virtual drive.

Now, get rid of K Lite. Those large codec pack are out dated and usually wind up causeing conflicts. Install CCCP instead. It will play back almost anything and it's very light on resource usage and space. Click on my sig for the link.

If you want to use Windows Media Player then select "no player" during install so it won't install one of the other players and you're all set. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that info. I really fail to understand why people use .bin files for some of the things they do.

I wonder if anyone has this problem. Eversince i've d/l VLC...the instance i go to my doenloaded folded and clicked on the movie file..windows will prompt a close window msg..without fail..

Could it be a conflict??

:unsure:

Wilkan please elaborate more on the problem and the steps you did to encounter it.

Is the error message saying that VLC has to close or what???

What version of VLC do you have???

Maybe a screeshot of the error message will help us.