To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

insert cd message

johng

Hi all.

I’m a new at this and I have been able to figure most things out for myself, the forums are really good. But now I’m stumped. I downloaded a game “Pacific storm”. The file types are rld-past.r00 WinRar archive and rld-past.sfv

These extracted to an rld-past.bin and a rld-past.cue. Then using Nero burned the .cue file to a cd. Then I ran the new cd and installed the game. BUT now when I try to play I get the Insert CD message. What am I doing wrong ? The crack folder contains a sm.exe and the exe folder also contains asm.exe file. Am Isupposed to do something with them? Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks johng <_<

There is, or should be, an .NFO file with instructions on how to use the crack. In all likelihood, you should go into the game install directory, find the files with the same names, and replace them. But consult the .nfo file to be certain.

There is, or should be, an .NFO file with instructions on how to use the crack. In all likelihood, you should go into the game install directory, find the files with the same names, and replace them. But consult the .nfo file to be certain.

Hey

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I can’t find any .NFO file. I looked in the files I downloaded and in the files after they were extracted. I read reply to a post from UnUasual Suspect that had to do with opening the crack folder and copying the file to another location but I can’t seem to find it again. Any idea what he was talking about?

Thanks again

johng

Most torrents work like this, Once you've installed the game open the crack folder and right click the exe.file and select copy,browse to where your game was installed-where the original exe. is,usually Program fies/(games name) and select this,you should then be asked if you want to overwrite the original exe. file,select yes-once you've done this you should be able to play your game.As for using Alcohol 120%,you can mount the game on a virtual disk drive,which will run games as if you had the disc loaded,but it reads the image a lot faster than an actual disc drive.As you can understand this may not be the way forward with your game as different cracks work in different ways but give it a go and post back.

Also try to read the comments under the torrent from where you downloaded,there's usually an explanation on how to use the crack.

I in no way condone using pirate games you should always buy the original.Companies like Ubisoft don't make nearly enough money and their execs will soon have to live off seven figure incomes.(he-he) :lol: