To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

BitComet 0.76 Memory Leak

Riptide

One thing I've come to notice with the new BitComet is that whenever it is left running for awhile, the memory it takes up significantly increases.

I checked my Task Manager and this is what it's telling me:

BitComet.exe 472,840 K and increasing

firefox.exe 85,584 K

msnmsgr. exe 58,200 K

explorer.exe 39,708 K

svchost.exe 38,760 K

As you can see...BitComet is doing something wrong. It starts off a lot lower (say 40,000K or something) when newly opened.

I am running a Dell Insprion 9300, Windows XP Home SP2 with all the latest updates (the critical ones anyway), Centrino 1.73 GHZ, 1024 Mb of RAM and WindowBlinds (I mention this because F.E.A.R. had a problem with it too..maybe BitComet does.)

It has caused my computer to slow down, not too too badly thanks to the 1 gig RAM, but it's a nuisance.

Why is it taking so much memory?

It's up to 477, 260 right now.

The majority of BitComet releases, especially recently, are experimental and in beta stage at best. Unless you have some specific reason not to, you should stay with the last stable release as shown on the main site, (v 0.70 as of right now), and upgrade only to another stable release when it is announced.

The majority of BitComet releases, especially recently, are experimental and in beta stage at best. Unless you have some specific reason not to, you should stay with the last stable release as shown on the main site, (v 0.70 as of right now), and upgrade only to another stable release when it is announced.

Ah. I've never had a problem with the beta releases, which is why I always used them.

Just thought I'd let you guys know about this and could tell me if there was anything I could do.