To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

need help updating bitcomet

jchen

i want to update from version .60 to .70 (is there a better version?). should i uninstall .60 and then install .70 or just leave it? Can you people provide instructions on how to update. Thanks.

Edit:: well i just ran the setup file and updated it, problem now is no torrents will start and it seems my cpu usage is up.. help

Most stable versions can simply be installed over an existing version, whether upgrading or downgrading.

Many software firewalls have trouble with either, treating the change as a whole new program that they block because they have no instructions otherwise. So whenever you upgrade, for any internet application, you should habitually delete and re-create your firewall rules for that application. Try that and see if it solves your problem.

Multiple firewalls will give you trouble (without making you more secure), just as they are doing now. Firewalls are like gates, it only takes one that's closed, to block the traffic, and it doesn't matter if the other gates are open or not. The traffic is still blocked by the one that's closed. You will need to adjust the Windows firewall, not just for Norton, and you will need to make EVERY future adjustment for any reason, to ALL your firewalls, not just one. See the first sentence.