To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Can SOMEBODY please help me here

robtai

Hi all

I dont know what is going on I am really get frustrated now. My download speeds range from 1-8 kb/s and does not stay at this speed at time it will drop to 0kb/s. I dont know what is causing this, I have tried forwarding a port for Bitcomet but I am not sure if I did the right thing. Can somebody please help me out here. -_-

It would be greatly appreciated if somebody could help me out

I am using a firewall which has been configure. I am also using a router which I think I configured properly and I use Windows XP SP2.

Thanks

Robert <_<

The results strongly suggest that you have not configured the router properly. Simple instructions are found at portforward.com for most routers and many applications including BitComet. (It's curious how many people insist that they've followed those instructions when they haven't.)

The results strongly suggest that you have not configured the router properly. Simple instructions are found at portforward.com for most routers and many applications including BitComet. (It's curious how many people insist that they've followed those instructions when they haven't.)

It's also curious how many "pro's" insist they're right when they're not. That was a poor assumption to make. Shame.

@madmedix, arent you making the assumption that he is wrong?

How do you know he is wrong???

@Robert, look in the Peers tab after downloading a torrent for a while,

do you see all "Local" peers or are there some "Remote" peers

---if they are all Local then your firewall or router is blocking incoming connections

We would need more specific info to help you.

ISP, router make/model, and firewall software