To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Help Uploading Torrents

I have read all I can on this forum and help pages but still cannot get my uploaded torrents to connect. I want to share files with one person via BitComet. I am using version .77 with WindowsXP Pro. I created a torrent just like the instructions directed and sent the file to the other guy. He also sent me some .torrent files. I used BitComet to open the file and did all the normal motions to start downloading. Under "status" all files are still "connecting". What am I missing? Do I have to upload thru torrent sites? How do I keep the connection private? Thanks for the help.

Bittorrent was not created for one-on-one transfers. There are already plenty of ways to do that, and we didn't need another one. Use ftp or email attachments to do that. Bittorrent expects, and really demands, a swarm of people, because each seeder will refuse to send multiple pieces to just one leecher -- even if there's only one leecher in the swarm. Bittorrent refuses to be "captured" by a single leecher, and is written to avoid that by any means. So if you DID get it to work, this will be one of the slowest downloads you've ever experienced. Your client will send a piece, then wait, wait, wait, looking for anyone else to send a piece to. Then it will grudgingly send another piece to that leecher and back to wait, wait, wait.