To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Status "Connecting"

First of all- I'm EXTREMELY new to BitComet. And this is probably a stupid question but,

Last night I downloaded a torrent- a movie- and it's status says, "Connecting...". It's said that since last night.

Maybe I'm overlooking something here, but is there something I have to do to it?

It has two little blue arrows next to the name like this >>

And it's doing absolutely nothing.

So if someone could help me, I'd really appreciate it.

(And yes, I've read FAQ after FAQ, nothing has helped me so far.)

Your client is attempting to connect to other swarm members, and is not able to. Reasons:

1. There are no other swarm members for it to connect to, because the tracker has returned 0 peers and 0 seeds, this is a dead torrent.

2 There are no other swarm members for it to connect to, because it cannot get the list from the tracker, as shown by the error in the trackers tab.

3. There are swarm members, but all of BitComet's attempts to connect to them are being blocked by one or more firewalls that you haven't set the permissions correctly on.

Your client is attempting to connect to other swarm members, and is not able to. Reasons:

1. There are no other swarm members for it to connect to, because the tracker has returned 0 peers and 0 seeds, this is a dead torrent.

2 There are no other swarm members for it to connect to, because it cannot get the list from the tracker, as shown by the error in the trackers tab.

3. There are swarm members, but all of BitComet's attempts to connect to them are being blocked by one or more firewalls that you haven't set the permissions correctly on.

Thanks a lot for your help ^.^