To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

My Bitcomet is Dying a SLOW death

Ok, my version of bitcomet (for the past few days anyway) is 0.79. My internet connection is broadband, and I normally get 50-60kb/s out of it, but for the last week or so it has slowed right down (only on bitcomet. Everything else works fine). This might be an internet provider problem (can they slow down torrents specifically?), or it might be a bitcomet problem (although I have used all of the faqs and postings I care to). My internet went down about 2 weeks ago, and since then bitcomet has been extremely slow. (I have just spoken to my ISP, and they said that they don't block ports.) I have numerous torrents downloading, so I should be getting something from at least one of them.

I don't know what to do next

Help.

Blocking ports has nothing to do with throttling, which they may indeed be doing, but it's more likely a configuration problem on your end. Downgrade to 0.70, and recheck your settings with the settings guide. You are also trying to run too many torrents at once, which starves them all of needed bandwidth in both directions.