To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

hidden torrents

Quinnyho

I've upgraded to 0.79, but during the install a couple of files could not be opened. Now when running the current downloads are not visible on the main screen. If you do a ctl A and start then minimise you can see them downloading in the "bubble" but open the screen and they seem to be hidden.

Tried putting 0.70 back on and the same fault occurs, any suggestions on recovering from this? Do I wait till they've finised and completely re-install or is there anything i can do now.

Probably not. When you get a failed install like that you should remove it, not proceed anyway. Try uninstalling BC entirely, and wipe the directory, reboot, then install 0.70. Your partials might be ok or might not be, no good way to tell, but also no way to fix any problems.

:D Some of the partials had completed normally, but did what you suggested and everything is OK again.

The problem was nothing to do with any version of bitcomet, but to do with having utorrent installed, somehow preventing me from properly installing bit comet. I have now sacked utorrent and will just be using bitcomet