To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Would like to re-list a torrent to seed

LaSassy

I get so confused, sometime. ;)

This is what I did and what I want to do. I downloaded a torrent, which was saved to it's own folder in my BitComet\Downloads folder. Once it completed, I stopped the uploading and clicked on the "Remove task, only" option, saving the files. (Duhh!! This is where I goofed) This torrent consist of a folder with 32 .rar files, 6 .jpg files and 2 .txt files.

I would like to somehow get it back so that I can continue to seed. I'm hoping you can help me with this. It isn't the first time I goofed, but I decided to ask this time because I really would like to allow others to obtain the files in this directory.

In case it makes a difference, I am running BitComet 0.70 that states "Stable Release for Windows 2000/XP". I am running XP. Of course, if I did not provide enough or the proper information, please ask and I will most definitely provide what I can.

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Janice

I don't think you choose "remove task only". I think your mouse cursor slipped to "remove task & all files" because a torrent file doesn't have any folders with *.rar or *.jpg files. A torrent file is a very small info file with a size of 30-200 KB.

Because you deleted it (with BitComet as application), as far as I know, your downloaded files cannot be retrieved.

Petch01

Because you deleted it (with BitComet as application), as far as I know, your downloaded files cannot be retrieved.

Petch01

Thanks for your reply, but I think there is a misunderstanding. I did not lose the files. I still have all the files I downloaded and I can use them. I copied the entire folder to another drive (leaving those where they were originally stored) and they work fine.

What I did is that I went to a site... clicked on the link to download the files.... of course, the file was then listed in my "All Tasks" "folder" on my BitComet program. There I downloaded the files, which were stored in a folder on my hard drive.

Once my downloads finished... I right clicked on the name of the "torrent" in the "All Tasks" menu... clicked on Stop. Then I right clicked on it, again... and chose "Remove"... then "Remove task only". Then, of course, I got the message "Are you sure you want to remove this task? (keeping downloaded files)" I clicked on Okay.

To my knowledge (which I admit is extremely limited) it appears as if no one can now download these from me, as it appears they were doing before I "removed the task".

As I said... I have all the files, still in the original folder where my BitComet stored them. All I want to do is make them available to be downloaded from me.

Maybe this isn't possible. I don't know. But I would like to try, if I can. After all, I downloaded it so I feel I should, at least, allow others to do the same.

Thanks, in advance, again, for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Janice

You need to redownload that same exact torrent file.

Then make sure that it is pointing to where your download is

Then choose resume task and it should start seeding again.

If it starts downloading again then stop it and rightclick on the task and select manual hash check

Now it will see for sure that you have 100% and then you can continue seeding.

You need to redownload that same exact torrent file.

Then make sure that it is pointing to where your download is

Then choose resume task and it should start seeding again.

If it starts downloading again then stop it and rightclick on the task and select manual hash check

Now it will see for sure that you have 100% and then you can continue seeding.

Thank you! That sure sounds simple enough. :)

I will do that asap. I'm sure people would like more files they can download from. I know that when I get files, I do.

Thank you, again. I think this will probably fix me right up.

Janice