To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

Connecting to tracker but not getting downloads / uploads

mcwhink

I have been downloading for a couple of years now and have encountered a real problem in that I am seemingly connecting to the tracker but I am not getting an download or an upload from the torrent. I can see the peers connecting but I am getting 0 for seeders. I know they are seeders as the tracker status reflects this but for some reason there is no downloads. This happened over the past week and now nothing will download / upload. Can anyone help as I have searched thro most forums and found no answers. Note it was previously having the same problem but the tracker was still connecting waitng to say start.

BitComet reports the current status of the swarm. If you got a successful scrape from the tracker and it says there are no seeders, then there are no seeders, sorry. It's the definitive answer about what the status of the swarm is now.

BitComet reports the current status of the swarm. If you got a successful scrape from the tracker and it says there are no seeders, then there are no seeders, sorry. It's the definitive answer about what the status of the swarm is now.

The problem never occurred before and I previously never ad any problem connecting to the seeds within 1 minute max. I have left Bitcomet running on new torrents with plenty of seeds / peers, but although I am gaining a connection to over 1000 peers there is no seeds connecting, looking through the tracker status the tracker I am on is showing seeds that are connecting. I have left it on for 48hrs with 0 downloading and 256k uploaded so it has not been a question of connecting for 5mins and switching off. I tend to connect to new release TV progs mostly where there is a glut of seeders. I hve used ver 0.6, 0.7 and 0.79 each with the same problem.

There's some difficulty understanding exactly what the issue is here.

If BitComet is telling you there are no seeders in the swarm, then there aren't, and you won't connect to any.

If BC says there are seeders, but you aren't connecting to any of them, this isn't a problem of itself because you get the great majority of your pieces from other leechers, not from seeders, and it's quite possible to download the entire torrent at full speed without ever connecting to a seeder. Statistically unlikely, but quite possible.

If the tracker is reporting that there are peers but you aren't connecting to any of them at all, then this is probably a firewall issue. Firewalls don't understand the idea of version upgrades, they treat it as a new program that they have no instruction to permit, so they block it. In that case, delete your old rule and create a new one, every time you change versions of an internet program.