To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

closing BitComet

jojojohn

When I close down BitComet it takes over 5 minutes to shut down, just prior to it closing down I get the message "BitComet has encountered a problem and has to close", during use it works fine. The problem seemed to start a couple of months ago after upgraded my processor, motherboard and graphics card and also formated and reinstalled all software. I have tried uninstalling BitComet and reinstalling it, but the problem still there. I am using version 0.70. Any ideas please....

What antivirus / firewall software are you using?

Is your new mobo or graphics card a Nvidia?

-if so did you install the nForce firewall?

Thanks for the reply.... It was the nForce firewall that was causing the problem. I uninstalled it ( I still have the windows firewall)and BitComet closes ok now, the setting the firewall was on was medium. do you think I should reinstall it and try to configure it to work with BitComet or just junk it.

That one is renowned for causing problems with P2P, so you probably don't want to try to reactivate it, especially since there are several free firewalls like Kerio Personal that don't have these problems.

That one is renowned for causing problems with P2P, so you probably don't want to try to reactivate it, especially since there are several free firewalls like Kerio Personal that don't have these problems.

Thanks for your time.....have a nice one.