To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

EasyCleaner... prolly best freeware around to

JimmyJump

I've seen a lot of adverts and other folks recommending this or that app to clean out the mess ppl made on their diff drives...

One major problem that often arises, is the cleansing of the registry...

A lot of folks most of the time are confronted with a lot of gizmo that don't mean anything to them, so they get rid of it... next thing of course, when re-booting, the PC lights up like a christmas tree, sounding like an old Wurlitzer during a powersurge... after which, the local hardware retailer is having a field day, cuz he can make a quick buck on the lads and lasses who tinkered with the registry...

Well, for all those nice folk, I present you EasyCleaner: http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

Alternative download locations: http://www.majorgeeks.com/EasyCleaner_d414.html

It is the only app that I have ever used where there's *absolutely* *no* risk involved...

Because it only lets you delete registry links that are dead, completely useless...

EasyCleaner.jpg

Also, as you can see in the "Friendly Tips" in the pic above, everything you do is undoable, as all that is cleared first passes through the recycle bin... ;)

Been using it for over a year now and *never* had any trouble with it...

Just make sure you use the link I provided, as TonYArts (who made the app) is being screwed by an unkoosher lot who stole the app and are charging ppl for it... Don't get fooled ppl, this is *FREEWARE*

JJ

Edited by bitdave (see edit history)

Nice little program, it found quite a few registry entries that crap cleaner and regscrubxp did not find

I also like the duplicate file finder

PS: I fixed the link you provided because it was asking for $20 payment to be a member of toniarts.com which is no longer the authors website.

Nice little program, it found quite a few registry entries that crap cleaner and regscrubxp did not find

I also like the duplicate file finder

PS: I fixed the link you provided because it was asking for $20 payment to be a member of toniarts.com which is no longer the authors website.

Thanks a lot for the fix, BitDave... It seems that I was a tad too zealous, as I warned for links where money is asked and then provide a link that just does that :(

Cheers mate B)

JJ