To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

i cant download

I cant seem to download and ive done evrything yes i do have service pack 2 and i have downloaded the patch i have even disabled the firewall and have even fowarded the modem port but my torrent still wont download it is just stuck on 52% oh by the way ive just noticed the the torrent has no connected seeds but evrything else is fine.

thanks would appreciate ur help cheers.

I cant seem to download

[...]

my torrent still wont download it is just stuck on 52% oh by the way ive just noticed the the torrent has no connected seeds but evrything else is fine.

Look, at the top of the page... 'Before posting... New BitComet FAQ". If you read it, you may find this:

Torrents stopping at 99.x%

This issue happens very commonly with all P2P applications for several reasons.

[...]

Finally, if all of the above does not work, you will need to verify whether or not you are downloading a 'Fake Torrent [1]'. You can verify this simply by going into your Peers Tab on BitComet, and having a glance at the general trend of peer percentages. You should look particularly at the xx.x% that users are stuck on i.e. 98% or 99.8%. Here, a further 2 scenarios are created:

1. If there are 0 Seeders (i.e. People with 100% of that torrent), then this is not a fake torrent, rather a non-working torrent, where all the seeders have left, or the torrent itself may be quite old. If this is the case, have patience, and let the torrent run for at least 1 more week. If no seeder returns, look for another similar torrent to the one you're downloading.

( [...] stands for skipped parts; also I made most important text bold. I hope no one minds. )

...really, FAQs are written to be read. And don't double-post.