To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

No Remote Connections

<_< I am having trouble downloading since I changed over from a D-Link modem/router to the Linksys router with a Belkin adsl modem. Before I was able to get remote connections, but now I have none. I have configured the same, setting port forwarding on the Linksys and setting the listening port, and also allowed Bit Comet in Windows Firewall, but no remote connections. Can anyone help me or give me the steps to set it up correctly please. The downloading has gone to snail pace.

Test your listen port to see if it's really open, at www.canyouseeme.org. Sounds like something is blocking it still.

I tested the listen port at that web site and it said no it couldn't see my service, connection timed out.

What can I do next? What could be blocking it still?

Maybe good idea is to Deactivate/turn off Windows Firewall if you have hardware one. If you have router it probably has firewall inside. You need to focus to your D-Link router. You need to forward port on D-Link and then your port will be open.

This site is quite good to start:

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

If you have 2 firewalls, both them do the same job but you have to configure everything twice when you need to. It's probably problem with not opened port in D-Link.