To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration ×
Comet Forums
To block spammers, this forum has suspended new user registration

0.70 HTTP proxy does not work!

gurrsoft

I updated my Bitcomet 2 days ago from 0.66, and since then i got peer addresses only from DHT! The simptoms are the following: on the tracker section Bitcomet counts toward 0, start the request, after 1 or 2 secs starts counting back again, and no result or error is displayed. On my firewall (kerio) very few bytes are registered to each connection, the same amount on every proxy connection. I checked the communication with ethereal and as i suspected, the few bytes is th TCP connection build-up, witch is succesfull, but Bitcomet after that does not send the HTTP request! Environment and settings: i have a linux box with NAT, port forward, and http proxy (squid), Bitcomet is set to only use the proxy for tracker communications. 0.66 worked fine. Theoretically i could set up Bitcomet to not to use proxy at all, in witch case of course it is working, but because it is banned from several torrent sites/trackers, its the only workaround (witch i accidentally found). I hope you can fix it very soon! Thanks!

Theoretically i could set up Bitcomet to not to use proxy at all, in witch case of course it is working, but because it is banned from several torrent sites/trackers, its the only workaround (witch i accidentally found).

Just go ahead and throw off proxies. They make tracker think you have IP that belongs to proxy. But tracker bans CLIENT, not IP. When your BitComet connects to tracker with another IP (here is where proxy does its work), it truthfully identifies itself as "BitComet 0.xx" (I'm simplifying; read here and, from there, here for more details if you're interested) and receives its ban. So the only work-around for BitComet seems to be "cheating" by using another name. I don't think it's acceptable. Use another client, there are plenty of them to choose from.

Just go ahead and throw off proxies. They make tracker think you have IP that belongs to proxy. But tracker bans CLIENT, not IP. ...

Well because my linux box is NAT-ig me, and the same machine is running the proxy, so the IP is the same in both case. This is the 3rd client i am trying, so i won't make a switch again... I use 0.66 until the problem is fixed. Btw there is only one fix upto 0.70 witch interest me, te peer list disappearing...